Question: World history gurus, help for 10 points?
I was absent from school due to surgery, and have a ton of work. Any help would be much appreciated.
19. Which of the following statements about similarities and differences between the government of the Roman Republic and the U.S. government is false?
Both Rome and the U.S. have three branches of government.
Like the U.S. government, Rome had a "supreme court" with a group of judges presiding.
Checks and balances were or are in place in both types of government.
The U.S. government features a Senate, just as the Roman Republic did.
20. What geographical feature might have helped isolate the Incans?
The Yucatán Peninsula
The Appalachian Mountains
The Amazon Basin
The Andes Mountains
21. Which of the following early American cultures constructed pyramids?
all of the above
22. What was the primary source of food for the early cultures of the west/northwest part of North America?
fish and sea life
herds of buffalo
wild turkeys and other fowl
crops such as corn and wheat
23. How did Mesoamerican civilizations usually transport people and goods?
using beasts of burden, such as horses
walking or canoeing
using wheeled carts
24. Which of the following was not a factor believed to have contributed to the decline of Mayan civilization around AD 900?
a long drought
warfare between city-states
demands of powerful kings
25. Which of the following is not something that the Maya and Aztec cultures had in common?
Both lived on the Yucatán Peninsula.
Both developed a writing system.
Both calculated the movement of the planets.
Both developed two calendars.
26. Which of the following was not a way in which the Incas adapted to their environment?
terraced hillsides to control erosion
built earthquake-resistant structures
built irrigation systems
built a system of roads
27. By the early 1500s, the population of the Inca empire was approximately ______________.
1.2 million people
12 million people
120 million people
28. What was the ayllu system?
the organization of Inca society into local communities
a system of trade and diplomacy between the Incas and other cultures
the Inca social class structure
the annual census of the Inca population
29. When Shi Huangdi took control of China, what was the name of the system of government that he put into place?
30. How were Shi Huangdi's terracotta warriors discovered in 1974?
Archaeologists found records of warrior construction and searched for the site.
Construction workers breaking ground for an office building found some of the warriors.
Some schoolchildren came across one of the warriors while playing in a field.
A farmer came across a clay head and torso while digging a well.
31. Which Han emperor was considered the greatest emperor because of accomplishments including expansion and economic growth?
32. The series of routes used for trade during the Han dynasty were collectively called the ________.
33. During the Han period, weapons and tools to improve farming were typically created by artisans who worked with ______________.
34. Which Indian ruler ordered the construction of nearly 84,000 stupas to honor Buddha?
35. The leaders of the Gupta Empire tolerated other religions, but they primarily supported ___________.
36. Who was the famous Indian astronomer who discovered that Earth revolves on an axis?
37. Which of the following was not a place where the Huns invaded?
Northern India (Gupta Empire)
Northern China (Han Empire)
Southern Europe (Western Roman Empire)
Mesopotamia (Assyrian Empire)
38. During their early histories, ______ sometimes influenced Chinese government, while ______ sometimes influenced Indian government.